High Intensity Resistance Training (HIRT) is a combination of cardio and resistance training exercises. Several exercises are done in rapid succession for a determined amount of reps, lasting 40-60 minutes, with minimal amounts of rest. This is a great way to increase you basal metabolic rate and the number of calories burned.
High Intense Interval Training (HIIT), combines repeated bouts of high intensity effort with varied amounts of minimal resting periods. Intervals range from 5 seconds to 8 minutes in length, and are performed at 80-95% of a person's estimated maximal heart rate. The recovery period can last equally as long, and is performed at a maximum heart rate of 40-50%. This has become a popular trend, as it helps people increase both aerobic and anaerobic endurance while burning more fat.
Benefits of HIIT and HIRT classes
• Improve blood pressure
• Improve cholesterol
• Improves insulin sensitivity, which allows your muscles to burn more glucose for energy
• Improves overall cardiovascular health
• Helps burn more fat while maintaining muscles mass
• Improves aerobic AND anaerobic fitness
• Greater amount of calories burned in a shorter amount of time
• More calories burned after exercise
• More calories burned than aerobic exercise alone
• More calories burned than standard endurance cardio
• Increased metabolism for up to 3 hours after workout
• Can be modified for all fitness levels and special considerations
• Can be performed on all exercise modes
• Increasingly recognized and becoming very popular
Boot camp is group class which uses a combination of muscle strength, endurance, cardio, functional movement, core, and flexibility exercises. From circuit-style routines that jump-start cardio fitness, to creative muscle-toning exercises using dumbbells, exercise bands, or even the participant’s body weight, each class brings its own unique challenges. No two classes are the same! Class is designed for all fitness levels.
Our Strength class focuses on compound, resistance training exercises with proper lifting mechanics, form, and technique. Class focuses more on repetitions rather than intervals. Often times in group based classes, there isn’t enough time spent on learning proper form, percentage of max weight. This class is designed to build a strong foundation of exercises to be used in our HIRT and HIIT classes.
All of our classes are open to people of all ages and capabilities. With the guidance of our personal trainers, the exercises will be modified to your level of intensity and ability.